Travel scholarship for student travel bursaries
Australian Genome Research Facility (AGRF), Bioplatforms Australia, and EMBL Australia through the Australian Bioinformatics Network are pleased to offer a limited number of competitive travel bursaries to undergraduate and postgraduate students to participate in the 2016 Winter School.
Applications open: 15 May 2016
Applications close: 31 May 2016
Notification of outcome: 8-10 June 2016
Eligibility: Students enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in a field of study relevant to Winter School are invited to apply for partial travel support (e.g. airfare, ground transportation and/or accommodation). Students enrolled at any recognised university (or equivalent degree-granting institution) are eligible, although we anticipate that most bursaries will be awarded to students at Australasian and/or other regional institutions. Awards will be made only to students enrolling for all five days of Winter School.
Value of award: Up to ten travel bursaries will be awarded, each valued at A$250 to A$500. Payment to personal bank account can be made only against receipts after the Winter School. If this poses an insuperable difficulty, advise us at the time of application. A brief award ceremony will be held during Winter School.
- First, enrol via the Winter School website (i.e. complete the online registration process with confirmed registration payment receipt).
- Next, send an email to Winter School Coordinator Ms Lanna Wong (email@example.com) with the Subject “Student travel bursary application”. This email must contain the following information:
- Your full name exactly as shown on your passport or airline ticket.
- Your university, degree program, student number, date of enrolment, and anticipated date of thesis submission or award of degree.
- The name and contact information (email) of your thesis or honours advisor (for postgraduates) or professor or lecturer in a key course of this term (undergraduates).
- A concise one-paragraph statement of how you hope to benefit from 2016 Winter School. This might refer to content, your career plans etc.
- An estimate of your total travel and/or accommodation costs.
- How much support (A$) you request, up to A$500. Please understand that we have limited funds and may not be able to support your request in full.
- A statement that you agree to have your name and institution announced at Winter School.
As these awards are COMPETITIVE, not all applicants will be successful.
Selection and acceptance process: A selection panel will examine all applications received by close of business Tuesday 31 May 2016 , and recommend awardees and award levels.
Notification of outcome: Awardees will be notified by email on 8-10 June 2016.
Acceptance of offer: Awardees will be given a short period of time (~72 hours) to accept. Offers not accepted within this time will be withdrawn and may be offered to other applicants.