2013 WINTER SCHOOL STUDENT TRAVEL BURSARIES
Bioplatforms Australia, EMBL Australia; and Australian Bioinformatics Network are pleased to offer a limited number of competitive travel bursaries to undergraduate and postgraduate students to participate in the 2013 Winter School.
Applications closed : 31 May 2013
Eligibility: Students enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in a field of study relevant to Winter School are invited to apply for partial travel support ( i.e . of airfare, ground transportation and/or accommodation). Students enrolled at any recognised university (or equivalent degree-granting institution) are eligible, although we anticipate that most bursaries will be awarded to students at Australasian and/or other regional institutions. Awards will be made only to students enrolling for all five days of Winter School.
Value of award: Up to ten travel bursaries will be awarded, each valued at AUD 250 to 500. Payment to personal bank account can be made only against receipts after the Winter School. If this poses an insuperable difficulty, advise us at the time of application. A brief award ceremony will be held during Winter School.
- First, enrol via the Winter School website ( i.e. complete the online registration process with confirmed registration payment receipt).
- Next, send an email to Winter School Manager Ms Lanna Wong (email@example.com) with
the Subject “Student travel bursary application”. This email must contain the following
- Your full name exactly as shown on your passport or airline ticket.
- Your university, degree program, student number, date of enrolment, and anticipated date
of thesis submission or award of degree.
- The name and contact information (email) of your thesis or honours advisor (for
postgraduates) or professor or lecturer in a key course this term (undergraduates).
- A concise one-paragraph statement of how you hope to benefit from 2013 Winter School.
This might refer to content, your career plans etc.
- An estimate of your total travel and/or accommodation costs.
- How much support (AUD) you request, up to AUD 500. Please understand that we have
limited funds and may not be able to support your request in full.
- A statement that you agree to have your name and institution announced at Winter School.
As these awards are COMPETITIVE, not all applicants will be successful.
Selection and acceptance process: A selection panel will examine all applications received by close of business Friday 31 May 2013 , and recommend awardees and award levels.
Notification of outcome: Awardees will be notified by email on Friday 7 June 2013
Acceptance of offer: Awardees will be given a short period of time (~72 hours) to accept. Offers not accepted within this time will be withdrawn and may be offered to other applicants.